If you’re looking to pick up a practical and realistic martial art that entails punching, kicking, throwing, grappling and weapons combat, look no further than U-Elite’s Close Quarters Combat MMA classes!
Here at U-Elite, we focus on a mixture of martial techniques that are most combat efficient. It is perfect for both males and females. It does not matter what your fitness levels and abilities are. The classes are not limited to self-defence and personal protection but for recreation and fitness too!
What you are in for?
- Striking: Punches, Kicks, Knees, Elbows, Stomps, Ground Strikes, etc.
- Takedowns: Throws, Reaps, Sweeps, etc.
- Grappling: Clinch, Pins, Arm Locks, Leg Locks, Chokes, Wrist Locks, etc.
- Street Tactics: Groin Strikes, Headbutts, Finger Locks, Crime Prevention, Escapes, etc.
- Weapons: Knife, Stick, Improvised Weapons
- Live Sparring and Drilling Sessions
- Discipline, Awareness, Stress Management, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness, etc.
The techniques that you will be learning are not meant to be flashy and movie-esque but rather, simple and right to the point. Training emphasizes heavily on realistic self-protection, self-development, concepts and flows, rather than individual techniques.
Sparring is, without a doubt, the best method to reinforce your confidence and assess your skills in a real combat scenario. No amount of pad/bag hitting will quite prepare you for the pressures of a live fight. Safety is crucial when it comes to training. Drilling and sparring are fun sessions where one can learn, train and relieve stress.
Sparring sessions are divided into gender, weight and belt level categories. Lower belts will be strictly limited to technical light contact sparring only. In order for students to be promoted to the next belt level, assessments will be conducted. The requirements for each belt focus mainly on knowledge, execution of techniques in active combat, fundamentals, discipline, and commitment. Each student will be assessed individually to assure legitimacy in every belt that is given out.
Required Materials for Sparring:
- MMA/Boxing Gloves (Available at the gym)
- Shin guards (Available at the gym)
- Groin protection
You are hereby invited to attend our trial session before making the decision to join up!